Thursday, November 20, 2014

"I appear to be a tad over-dressed, what?"

There are misunderstandings, and then there's the case of Sir Alexander Glen:


Admit it, we've all done it. One minute you're in your best penguin suit looking forward to trying your luck with those lovely debs, the next you're shooting seals on a glacier with Evelyn Waugh.

From his entertaining obituary in the Daily Telegraph's archive.

Some comments from social media:

"I like to imagine that when he was invited to his daughter's wedding he accidentally ended up on a trip to Mars, and that's how he died."

"Is he really Bertie Wooster?" 

2 comments:

Erin said...

In the end, an entertaining obituary is all I could ask for, I suppose.

Flaxen Saxon said...

Tis true, strange things can happen most unexpectadly. I remember, many years ago, attending a rather alcohol fueled party. For some reason, which escapes me, I ended up on a park bench, totally naked at 4.00am with a Chinaman sucking my toes. Most disconcerting.